Thursday, March 26, 2009

Which is a better song to sing for carousel auditions?

I have already learned two songs that I am considering. They are If I loved You and Mr. Snow. I have no idea which one to sing because they both have the pros and cons.. its just a matter of weighing them out which is difficult. So.. here it goes.. If I loved you is simple but powerful and slow.. the way I like to sing and I think it suits my voice... however, it is not as much acting and I wanted to do a song that can really show my acting just in case I land the supporting role (which is a fun character) However, Mr. Snow has a lot of acting but I do not feel as powerful and it goes faster.. but not too fast. It has a lot of vary emotions but I feel it is not powerful. I do not know if when I%26#039;m auditioning the director would really turn his head where as I feel like If I loved you would do that. Except (one more thing sorry) many people I heard are doing If I loved you. AHH HELP PLEASE
Which is a better song to sing for carousel auditions?
One i know of is Dance: Ten; Looks: Three from a chorus line.





anything from a chorus line,cabaret,or some other dance related musical should be fine.An upbeat fun song. Not too much big voice, more fun, and LOTS of acting.
Which is a better song to sing for carousel auditions?
Have they asked for a song from the show specifically? If so, then go with the one that works best for you. If they haven%26#039;t clearly asked for a song from the show, go for another Rogers and Hammerstein song. Presuming that you are in fact a girl (both Billy and Julie sing %26quot;If I Loved You%26quot;), maybe look at one of Laurey%26#039;s songs from Oklahoma! - %26quot;Out of My Dreams%26quot; or %26quot;Many A New Day%26quot; would work well; possibly %26quot;Confidence%26quot; from the Sound of Music; one of Nellie%26#039;s songs from South Pacific (don%26#039;t know it well enough to recommend particular songs); even %26quot;I Enjoy Being A Girl%26quot; from Flower Drum Song. Stay with R%26amp;H though.

No comments:

Post a Comment